If you’re working with a real estate agent to list your property, more than likely they’ll provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that lists selected sales in your area as one of the first steps in determining what to set as the “Listing Price". This step is vital if you're going to maximize your profit and minimize the home’s time on the market.
But even if you're working with the most experienced real estate agent, it's probably in your best interest to have an "objective" third-party's opinion of value prior to signing a Listing Agreement. And that’s where we come in. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate description of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar "comparable sales" or as they're commonly called, "Comps".
Unfortunately, some agents do not use the correct comparables that an appraiser is required to use per the lending standards and requirements. Having your own appraisal eliminates that problem entirely.
In addition to helping you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Be a very valuable negotiating tool once you have a potential buyer
- Impress buyer’s with written proof of your home’s condition inside and out
- Make yourself aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Decrease the chances of unknown problems that cause sales to fall through
- Eliminate the wait for the buyer or their mortgage company to get the appraisal done on their own
Many people are surprised when they find out that the market value of their home is much more than they thought, so investing in a professional appraisal allowed these people to receive several thousand more dollars than they thought they would when their home was sold. Others have an inflated opinion of their home's value and an appraisal helped them to realistically price their home in order for it to sell. An overpriced home will not attract buyers, which means no offers and no closing and that you have wasted valuable time, money, and efforts.
- Have the right price from the beginning
- Minimize your time on market
- Minimize the strangers coming through the home for tours
- Minimize the Open House exposures
- Have less stress throughout the process
- Be comfortable knowing the lenders appraisal will be just fine
- Be comfortable there will be no financing issues via appraisal
So, contact SteveDirect@HubAppraisal.com today for your own private appraisal or referral assistance today!